- CALL 416.798.7060 FOR ANY SALES AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT INQUIRIES
- ORDER YOUR CUSTOM CONCRETE TODAY! CLICK HERE
A concrete driveway, parking lot, patio or sidewalk is an investment designed to last a lifetime provided a qualified contractor follows proper procedures to ensure a satisfactory job. The following procedure should be used for a successful concrete driveway application:
- Determine the minimum and desired thickness depending on use (Example: Are you parking a car or large heavy truck?)
- Prepare the site with a competent, uniform and compact subgrade.
- Prepare an acceptable level of slope away from the building.
- Plan your labour & material requirements. Ensure adequate tools and labour will be on hand. Speak to your ready-mix supplier for type of concrete required and provide at least 24 hours advance notice of your requested delivery.
- Place concrete using appropriate tools and taking into consideration weather conditions. (Example: During cold weather, longer time is required before performing final finish.)
- Cure and Seal.
- Saw-Cut Control Joints as soon as possible.
The above is a summary only and not intended to be instructional or complete. For detailed information regarding the proper and professional placing and finishing of a concrete driveway, parking lot, patio or sidewalk, visit The Ready Mixed Concrete Association of Ontario site.